Post Conviction Relief Act cases can be daunting for those who do not routinely handle them. This manual will prove to be an invaluable practical guide. Learn where to get the answers to questions and get helpful tips for presenting your case. This comprehensive publication provides a solid, working foundation in key areas of post conviction relief.
Seasoned practitioners or those new to the law will find it a valuable and useful law resource manual in their library. The author is a highly talented, respected and dedicated lawyer.
Summary of Contents:
- Grounds for Seeking Post Conviction Relief
- Previously Litigated Claims and Waiver
- Successive Petitions for Post Conviction Relief
- Time for Filing Petition, Jurisdiction, and Procedure
- Standard of Review on Appeal
- Appendix A: Pennsylvania Post Conviction Relief Act
- Appendix B: Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure Governing Petitions for Post Conviction Relief
- Appendix C: Summary of Statute, Rules, and Case Law Governing Capital and Non-Capital PCRA Cases
- Appendix D: Forms
- Appendix E: Table of Cases
- Appendix F: Index
Page Count: 254
Automatic Update Service:
This book is included in PBI`s automatic update service. PBI will publish new editions and supplements as appropriate to keep the publication current. Everyone who purchases the book will receive each update at a reduced price with an invoice and an option to return it with no further obligation.