This is the archived, online version of the webcast that took place on May 31, 2012.
Online seminars qualify for Live NHMCLE Credits.
This seminar is designed to provide an overview of the major areas of IP law, including patent law, trade secret law, trademark law, copyright law, and rights and obligations of employees and employers with respect to intellectual property.
In addition to providing an overview of the key areas of IP law, the faculty also discuss:
• What Can Be Patented and When
• Patents v. Trade Secrets--Advantages/Disadvantages
• Defining a Trade Secret
• Litigation Issues Involving Trade Secrets
• Common Law and the Uniform Trade Secret Act
• Registration of Trademarks
• The Lanham Act, Common Law and NH Law as They Pertain to Trademarks
• What Can and Cannot be Protected by a Copyright
• Rights of Employers and Employers Concerning Intellectual Property