The Arizona Legal Ethics Handbook is a comprehensive treatment of the “law of lawyering,” as it has been developed and articulated by the Arizona courts and disciplinary authorities. Its organization and structure are tied to that of the Arizona Rules of Professional Conduct, with a separate chapter devoted to each individual Rule.
This second edition includes the extensive amendments to the Arizona Rules of Professional Conduct which become effective December 1, 2003. It also contains all the ethics opinions. No other publication provides annotations for each Rule of Professional Conduct solely tailored to Arizona. This handbook will assist you in:
- identifying and resolving virtually any ethical issue that arises in your practice, and
- avoiding both disciplinary and malpractice problems this book is not simply an ethics treatise. It also contains detailed descriptions of the disciplinary and admissions process in Arizona, and extensive discussion of the sanctions to which lawyers can be subject for misconduct in litigation, and malpractice liability issues.
Highlights of Contents:
- Summary of each ethical rule`s requirements
- Comparative analysis of each ethical rule to corresponding provision in Model Rule of Professional Conduct
- Discussion of issues that arise in applying and conforming to each rule`s requirements
- References to applicable ethics law and ethics opinions
- Detailed description of the disciplinary and admission process
- Extensive discussion of the sanctions lawyers can be subjected to
- Special section devoted to malpractice liability
- Comprehensive index and table of contents
- Annual supplementation
The 2009 Supplement is included when you purchase the book.
Please allow 7-10 days for shipment.